Former Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Commercials Internship Scholarship Winner, and Top 25 of 20,000 Lifetime Tongal Ideationists Reviews Broadcast Commercials. Also Available for Hire to Evaluate your Commercial.

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Game Show Strategies.

As a Product and Brand Value Accelerator, I have studied Game Shows. Games Shows are fascinating for many reasons. Game Shows can have a nice long life in syndication. Even as time goes on Game Shows can become a historical footnote for a certain decade. The longest running games shows, such as Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, seem to have perfected a perfect blend of Host, Skill, and Luck. But there is no one game show formula that automatically works every single time.

One of my skill sets is my ability to understand simple math in a sociological manner. This skill set allows me to watch a game show and assess why the show is successful and also what could have been adjusted to make a show more successful.

I can recall once watching a very popular game show and detecting a flaw in the game aspect of the show. A year or two later the flaw I detected was also detected by the show. They altered the flaw and in my opinion made the show better.

Eventually, most flaws may be detected. Ideally the faster the game show is augmented, the better. I can watch your Game show and I'll probably come up with something that will make the show more audience friendly. 

Some people are good in math, some in science, some in both, some are athletic, some are writers or creators. In essence everyone has a skill set. My skill set is observing a scenario and in some instances coming up with an improved version. I understand that in essence most of my creativity is reliant on the foundational success of what others have already built. For that reason I feel gratitude working with others. I enjoy collaboration and am grateful when opportunities arise where I can enhance or improve a solid concept just a bit more.

Sometimes the rules of Game Show Strategies require thinking about the real world and how a Game Show fits into that real world. A game show formula might generate more excitement while reducing the chances for significant payouts, over time that won't necessarily make for a winning formula. Game Show longevity strategy both during the original show run and then again in syndication require that lower winning amounts can backfire in Syndication if the lower winning amounts occur too often.

Visit my LinkedIN page to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment